Opening doors to innovative product showcases and opportunity to engage with more than 200 companies from garment and textile machinery, fabrics, accessories, and allied industries, the seventh edition of Gartex Texprocess India is up and running at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
The three-day exhibition was inaugurated by chief dignitaries from the ministry and trade bodies, including:
- Shri Upendra Prasad Singh (IAS), Secretary, Ministry of Textiles, Government of India
- Shri Hasmukh Patel, Member of Parliament & Textile Consultative Committee
- Mr Sharad Jaipuria, President, Denim Manufacturers Association & CMD, Ginni International Ltd
- Mr Babulal Sonigra, Ex-Chairman, Fabexa Committee, Maskati Cloth Market Mahajan
- Mr Jang Gyoo Lim, Director, Hysoung India Pvt Ltd (Creora)
- Mr Sunil Sethi, Chairman, Fashion Design Council of India
- Mr Aamir Akhtar, Group CEO, Jindwal Worldwide
- Mr Akhilesh Rathi, Director, Bhaskar Denim
- Ms Himani Gulati, Director, MEX Exhibitions
- Mr Gagandeep Singh, Secretary General, Denim Manufacturers Association (DMA
- Mr Kantilal Sanghvi, Vice President, Maskati Cloth Market Association
- Mr Nareshkumar Sharma, Secretary, Maskati Cloth Market Association
- Mr Amish Rajendrabhai Shah, Chairman, Fabexa
- Mr Abhinav Arya, Director, Fabcare
- Mr Vimlesh Arora, Director JN Arora & Co
- Mr Keshav, Director, Baba Textile Machinery
- Mr Deepak Choudhary, Director, Aura Technologies
- Mr Winston Pereira, General Manager, Messe Frankfurt Trade
Addressing the industry post-inauguration, Shri Upendra Prasad Singh (IAS), Secretary, Ministry of Textiles, Government of India, stated: “The Indian government is working towards upscaling size and scale of textile industry through policies such as the mega textile park which is aimed at solving the problem of fragmented value chain as well as size and scale. Sustainability and circularity in the textile ecosystem also needs to be developed. We are also focusing on incentivising textile machine manufacturing to encourage foreign manufacturers to build textile machinery within India.”
Also part of the inauguration panel, Shri Hasmukh Patel, Member of Parliament & Textile Consultative Committee acknowledged Gartex Texprocess India as a crucial contributor to the growth vision of the Indian textile and garment industry: “The Indian Textile and Garment Industry aspires to augment its exports within the next ten years and a platform like Gartex Texprocess India will play the role of an enabler in this ambitious journey. I am optimistic this exhibition will continue to accentuate the best manufacturing techniques in the industry and empower our local manufacturers to meet international benchmarks of quality and quantity that are required for exports.”
“I also laud the organisers for their tie up with FABEXA, the nodal arm of Maskati Cloth Mahajan which has allowed numerous fabric manufacturers from the Gujarat region to showcase their expertise in the collocated Fabrics & Trims Show.” Shri Hasmukh Patel added.
A legendary veteran of the Indian fashion industry – Mr Sunil Sethi, Chairman, Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI), who was also part of the inauguration panel, stated: “The need of the hour is innovation. The collaboration between textile, garment and screen printing verticals will make Gartex Texprocess India even more successful and help companies showcase their new developments and capabilities before customers.”
Following a successful commencement of Gartex Texprocess India New Delhi 2022, the organisers – MEX Exhibitions Pvt Ltd and Messe Frankfurt India shared a joint statement: “Gartex Texprocess India has experienced 42% growth in exhibitor participation in this edition. We would like to extend our utmost gratitude to the Ministry of Textiles for their strong support as well as our partners and supporting associations for their continued co-operation.”
Collocated alongside Denim Show, Fabrics & Trims Show and Screen Print India, Gartex Texprocess India New Delhi 2022 displays over 1,000 products and manufacturing technologies in garment and textile, denim, fabrics and screen printing, including:
- TS 1800 Digital Thread Dyeing System by Orange-O-Tec. can dye thread in millions of colours on demand precisely on single and multiple spools due to its sustainable waterless technology
- Bullmer Procut 1800 by Mehala is a highly-precise automatic cutter for large volumes of apparel with operator-friendly handling and menu navigation, easy-to-program, and a high cost-performance ratio benefits
- SureColor SC-F530 Desktop Dye-Sublimation Textile Printer by Epson is easy to use, highly-productive and efficient, and ideal for small-volume clothing and custom merchandise
- JETVARNISH 3DS with iFOIL S by Konica Minolta allows users to execute Hot Foil Stamping in-house, at high speeds with virtually no set-up, eliminates the need for ﬁlms and dies
- Copperhead Pro Mini™ by DCC is a versatile, compact and all-electric automatic screen printing press which consumes less power and delivers extremely high production speeds without the usage of compressed air
Demonstrating India’s growing prowess in quality denim production, the Denim Show has featured the top 25 denim mills bringing their latest denim products at the show, along with top denim manufacturers such as Jindal Worldwide Ltd, Arvind Ltd, Raymond UCO Denim Ltd, LNJ Denim, Siyaram Silk Mills Ltd, Kanchan Group and my others.
In association with FABEXA, the Fabrics & Trims Show has converged around 70 Gujarat-based fabric manufacturers under a special pavilion to demonstrate the region’s local expertise in fabric, cotton and natural-based fabrics. The exhibition is also set to host over 200 fabrics sourcing representatives during the remaining show days.
The organisers are also hosting an exclusive knowledge forum to impart in-depth insights on interesting industry topics, such as ‘impact of content creation’, ‘trends AW 2023’, ‘reducing audit fatigue through SLCP’, and ‘Fashion Forward – Challenges, strategies and opportunities.’
Supported by the Ministry of Textiles as well as chief industry associations and trade bodies like The Confederation of Indian Textile Industry (CITI), Denim Manufacturers Association (DMA), Maskati Cloth Mahajan, Retailers Association of India (RAI) and the Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC), Gartex Texprocess India New Delhi lends itself to be a highly productive and opportune platform to source the best manufacturing machinery and engage with top industry players throughout its two remaining days.
For press information: www.gartexindia.com
About the Organiser
MEX Exhibitions Pvt. Ltd. is an international exhibition company with a strong presence of over four decades in the advertising industry, over 20 years in publishing & 16 years in exhibitions. The company has produced more than 100 market-leading trade exhibitions for various segments in addition to publishing various magazines & advertising trade directories of repute. Successful exhibitions are conducted all over India, Dubai, Singapore and Thailand.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
The Messe Frankfurt Group is one of the world’s leading trade fair, congress and event organisers with their own exhibition grounds. With a workforce of 2,200 people at its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main and in 28 subsidiaries, it organises events around the world. As in the previous year, annual sales for 2021 were significantly lower owing to the COVID-19 pandemic: approximately €154 million compared with Group sales as high as €736 million in pre-pandemic 2019. We serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. Sustainable business practices are a central pillar in our corporate strategy and strike a healthy balance between ecological and economic interests, social responsibility and diversity. Another of Messe Frankfurt’s strengths is its powerful and closely knit global sales network, which covers around 180 countries in all regions of the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. We are using our digital expertise to develop new business models. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services.
With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com