Messe Frankfurt India and Andhra Pradesh MedTech Zone (AMTZ) are geared up to host the very first edition of MedicalTech Innovation Forum (MIF) from 7 – 8 October 2021 at Kalam Convention Centre, AMTZ Campus, Visakhapatnam.
Supporting India’s bid to develop its healthcare infrastructure and to create strong ecosystem for its medical devices industry, the MedicalTech Innovation Forum will largely address integral challenges of import dependency, need for technology collaborations and medical technology advancements that can be introduced in the industry.
The medical device industry, acknowledged as one of India’s ‘sunrise sectors’ under the government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative, has witnessed considerable growth over the years and continues to display significant potential, however there are still several gaps that needs to be filled.
To address the challenges of the industry, the two-day conference will host policy makers, national and international leaders from medical technology industries, academic and research fraternity at its panels, such as:
- Dr Jitendra Sharma, Managing Director & CEO, Andhra Pradesh Med Tech Zone (AMTZ)
- Mr Rajiv Nath, Forum Coordinator, Association of Indian Medical Device Industry (AIMED) & Managing Director, Hindustan Syringes & Medical Device Ltd
- Ms Preetha Reddy, Executive Vice Chairperson, Apollo Hospitals Group
- Dr Uma Nambiar, Managing Director, Zeeden Life Sciences & Chairperson, DHIA
- Mr Vijay Simha, Advisor, Lemelson Foundation, FICCI
- Mr Abhijit Ghosh, Assistant Drugs Controller (Medical Device), CDSCO
- Mr Siddharth Jain, CEO & Chief Medical Device Regulatory Advisor, Symbiorph Clinical Trialogy
- Dr Subash Dadhich, Managing Director, Arogya Hospital
- Dr Siva Kumar, Healthcare Consultant, ESI Medtek
- Dr Anand Krishnan, Chief Executive Officer - Medivalley Incubation Centre, AMTZ
- Dr Sangeeta Aditya, President, GWASE
- Mr Sudhakar Mairpedi, Head- Quality, Regulatory and Govt. Affairs, Philips India Ltd
- Dr Shashank Devapur, Founder & CEO, Inflexon Healthcare Services
- Mr Sai Manoj J, Deputy Manager – Marketing, Kalyani Additives Pvt Ltd
The event is also set to attract medical equipment suppliers, consultants, solution providers, hospitals & the medical fraternity, to work together and identify promising avenues to take the industry forward. Overall, the conference will help in paving a path for the transformation in the Indian medical device ecosystem. The event is backed by strong support from AIMED- Association of Indian Medical Device Industry, ADMI- Association of Diagnostics Manufacturers of India, DHIA- Digital Health India Association, I-SAT Indian Society for Assembly Technologies, and GWASE- Women in Science & Entrepreneurship as well as industry partners including Kalyani Additives Pvt Ltd, LDRA, Symbiorph Clinical Trialogy, Ajosha Bio Teknik Pvt Ltd, Faraday Ozone Products Pvt Ltd.
Anticipating the launch of MedicalTech Innovation Forum, Dr Jitendra Sharma, Managing Director and CEO, Andhra Pradesh MedTech Zone (AMTZ), shared: “Indian medical technology market is valued at INR 55,000 Crores per annum and imports make about 63 - 65% of our value chain. In order to serve the needs of the society and to make India a global powerhouse, let us come together under the umbrella of AMTZ and Messe Frankfurt India to ensure that India becomes a powerhouse of medical technology, not just for its domestic society, but also for the world.”
The joint cooperation between Messe Frankfurt India and AMTZ through MedicalTech Innovation Forum will be highly instrumental in highlighting India’s prowess in medical technologies, promote indigenous manufacturing and ease the sector’s reliance on imports.
Press information and photographic material: www.medicaltechinnovationforum.com
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
The Messe Frankfurt Group is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. The Group employs approximately 2,450 people at its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main and in 29 subsidiaries around the world. The company generated annual sales of approximately €257 million in 2020 after having recorded sales of €736 million the previous year. Even in difficult times caused by the coronavirus pandemic, we are globally networked with our industry sectors. We serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. We are expanding our digital expertise with new business models. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com